What the Governors do...
The Governors are responsible for the overall conduct of the school. Our role is strategic, setting the framework in which the Headteacher and Staff Operate.
Our key roles as Governors are –
- set the aims and objectives for the school
- set the policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- set the targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives
- be a source of challenge and support to the headteacher and school (a critical friend)
- Agree budgets and staffing structures
- Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher Appointments